It was on an old IBM PS/2 with an Intel 286 CPU when I started my unrelenquishing passion for exploring and learning about computers. Then in 1996, I got onto the Internet for the first time and discovered other people who shared a similar passion for computers. It was in these darker corners of the world wide web that I saw the first computer programs that were written by individuals that seemed to do amazing things. This is the moment that I regard as being the spark that lit the blaze in my heart for Software Engineering and computer programming.
Now we fast forward 21 years later and I'm still writing code.
- Network programming: TCP, UDP, HTTP, HTTPS.
- Mobile development on Android using Java and NDK.
- Computer graphics using OpenGL, GLSL, and WebGL.
- Database development using MySQL, SQLite, and Microsoft SQL Server 2012.
- Web applications using Ruby on Rails and PHP.
- Strong background in algorithms and mathematics.
I am a US‐citizen with ten years of professional development experience. I am seeking a challenging development position where I can utilize my experience on challenging technical problems.
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Developed features and fix bugs in Citrix's XenMobile for Android product using Java and C.
- Supported and fixed bugs in transparent file encryption and native system call hooks.
- Developed user interface for XenMobile wrapping service in the cloud using Angular 2 and TypeScript.
Cypress Creek, Florida
- Worked on vision tracking and IMU tracking algorithms for up and coming augmented reality startup.
- Developed Bluetooth LE software using Qt and BlueGiga BLE software stack for a startup that produces medical devices.
- Developed all unit tests for exercising all Bluetooth LE functionality.
Hilton Software LLC, Contractor
Coral Springs, Florida
- Developed an inhouse toolchain of command line tools for generating and working with TMS tiles and MBTiles databases using C#, C/C++, Proj.4, GDAL, and SQLite.
- Developed the tools that processed and generated data for Hilton Software's government aviation mapping mobile application called Aero App.
- Maintained and extended Aero Data Server for data distribution of datasets for NGA customers using Aero App.
- Developed tool for packaging PDFs into zip files with JSON manifest containing metadata.
- Developed several activities and fragments for Wing X Pro 7 for Android including the chart search, chart viewer, and PDF viewing functionality.
- Developed graphics libraries for rendering aviation charts using OpenGL ES and OpenGL.
- Worked on a thermal mapping web application using WebGL.
- Worked on push to talk Android mobile device using Java, JNI, Kodiak, and internal Android packages.
- Created tool to convert WireShark PCAP network captures to JMeter load test JMX file using Java.
- Created iOS prototype for a video
- conferencing application on the iPhone/iPad using ffmpeg.
- Worked at BlackBerry for 13 months on the BlackBerry Z10 and Q10 in Sunrise, Florida.
- At Blackberry, I fixed bugs and implemented features in software update service, unified inbox, and PIM in Cascades/Qt/C++ application.
- Supported legacy Blackberry settings application using ActionScript 3 and Adobe AIR.
- Fixed bugs and developed product enhancements on ScheduALL's flagship product.
- Win32 development using C++
- Supported Microsoft SQL Server and Oracle 10g/11g in the data layer.
- Occasionally worked in the C# COM objects.
- Used the Bloomberg API to design and implement bond trading tool for client.
- Developed PHP web applications for clients.
- Developed libraries and heap debugging utilities.
FAP Services, LLC
- C and PHP development.
- PHP Extension development and modifications in C.
- Designed a FastCGI framework for C web applications.
- Designed scalable web applications using Amazon Web Services.
- Developed an affiliate and support system from start to finish.
- Wrote tools and web applications in support of the largest dating website in Europe.
Darkside Games Studio
Coral Springs, Florida
- C++ development.
- Worked on game play code for TBA Unreal 3 project.
- Worked on two TBA Wii titles using proprietary technology.
- Worked on 2K Marin's internal build system used for Bioshock 2.
- Designed and implemented multiple systems including 3D path finding.
Deerfield Beach, Florida
- Developed and fixed bugs on Myxer's flagship product, MyxerTones.
- Worked on code that supported ringtone delivery of over 4 million users.
- ASP.Net / C# development.
- Setup, configured, and administrated Myxer's Amazon EC2 hosts.
- Implemented Myxer's Amazon EC2 version of the Media Server that leverages existing open source tools (PHP, et cetera) for media transcoding.
- SQL development in production environment.
- Developed code on the front line of the mobile space.
Florida International University
- Offered support for software, hardware, and network issues encountered by university faculty on a network of 15,000 nodes and 8,000 users.
- Configured network printers and other hardware.
- Provided weekend assistance for the VoIP cut‐overs and second day support.
- Solely offered support for UNIX machines.
- Worked with a team of field engineers to resolve several network wide issues.
Available upon request.